Siskiyou County Office of Education Presents
American Heart Association CPR/AED/First Aid Classes
The Health Services department at the Siskiyou County Office of Education offers CPR/AED and First Aid classes to assist school staff, faculty and coaching staff in ensuring a safe environment for students. The American Heart Association CPR/AED and First Aid courses meet the California Education Code requirements for persons implementing specialized physical healthcare plans and assisting students with medication during the school day. The courses also meet the CIF requirements for coaching high school sports teams, and the training requirements for schools with AED devices.
- All participants and instructors will be required to wear face coverings and classes will be limited to 18 participants.
- Face coverings can be removed by participants when demonstrating mouth to mouth and mouth to mask skills.
- There will be one manikin per participant (no shared equipment).
- The course dates and format are subject to change depending on the status of the pandemic.
- The numbers of participants allowed to register for some sites will depend on the space available to teach the courses (spots will be filled according to registration dates and times).
- At this time, these are the only courses scheduled for districts. We will reevaluate the need and ability to provide more courses in the future.
Cost of class and materials is $70 per participant for the combined one day CPR/AED/First Aid classes.
Cost for CPR/AED or First Aid only classes is $40 each.
Registration and Payment/PO must be received 48 hours before class begins.
NO AT-THE-DOOR Registrations
Cancellations and refund requests must be made one full working day before the class you are scheduled to attend. To cancel, call or email Elizabeth at 530-842-8405 or email@example.com.
Please make your check or purchase order payable to: Siskiyou County Office of Education
Please mail to:
Siskiyou County Office of Education
609 S. Gold Street, Yreka, CA 96097
Attn: Elizabeth Robinson
Or FAX to:
We will make every attempt to accommodate all participants, but space is limited. We will add participants in the order the registration forms are received.
- Please note that you will be charged for the course if you sign up, but do not attend and do not cancel one full working day in advance.
- Please bring something to drink and a snack to eat if you are attending an evening class. There is no time to leave to get food and come back.
The classes listed below are open to all staff, faculty, and coaches of Siskiyou County schools and districts.
Combined Classes: 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Class Type Date Location Registration Link CPR/AED/FA August 16, 2021 Happy Camp Register CPR/AED/FA August 17, 2021 Butte Valley Register
Individual Classes: 4:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Class Type Date Location Registration Link CPR/AED September 14, 2021 SCOE Register FA September 21, 2021 SCOE Register CPR/AED September 28, 2021 Mount Shasta Register FA October 5, 2021 Mount Shasta Register