Foster Youth Services Coordinating Program
The Siskiyou County Office of Education (SCOE) Foster Youth Services Coordinating Program (FYSCP) is an interservice agency that supports the 28 public school districts in Siskiyou County. By working collaboratively with the Siskiyou County Human Services Agency and Child Protective Services (CPS) the foster youth assigned to group homes outside of Siskiyou County have the support services needed that are unique to each student.
The SCOE and Siskiyou County Human Services work together with other key agencies to develop workable strategies to eliminate barriers in the educational settings and assist foster youth students by providing a stable placement and helping them know their educational rights. The Foster Youth Services program supports opportunities and assists in improving the quality of educational programming, placement, and service.
- Provide educational liaison support to school districts
- Improve communications among placement homes in Siskiyou County
- Provide information and support to school districts within our county regarding foster care support and progress of out of county placements
- Provide awareness to schools and group homes in the understanding of laws, procedures and needs for supporting foster youth
- Facilitate the collection of relevant data and any information deemed necessary to foster an efficient enrollment process
- Ensure that students benefit from educational settings in out of county placements
- Advocate for appropriate placements in schools to deliver any necessary services such as: proper scheduling, tutoring, counseling, mentoring, vocational training, emancipation services, training for independent living and other related services that promotes the stability of placements for foster children and youth
- Collaborate with county agencies to improve and expand monitoring of services and progress of out of county placements when students re-enter Siskiyou County schools
- Follow legal mandates that are intended to ensure a coordinated effort to protect the rights of foster youth and secure appropriate, stable placements
Contact UsBrittany Collier, Director
530-331-9703Sara Kleier, Case Manager530-331-9707Kelsey Thomson, Secretary530-331-9702