The SCOE Business Services Department is committed to providing quality fiscal support to school districts in areas such as budget development, accounting, payroll, purchasing, cash management and employee benefits administration. All school districts in Siskiyou County and internal departments of the Siskiyou County Office of Education rely on the Business Services Department for assistance in matters of fiscal responsibility.
In addition to the mandated functions required of the SCOE by federal and state agencies, we perform many support services for our districts which include:
Warrant Audit Process:
- Payroll Audit, Processing Retirement Reporting, Journal Entry Creation, Accounts Payable, Audit Processing, Cash Receipts Audit Processing
- State Report Production. Financial System Operation/Maintenance, Attendance Certification for Independent Audit
- Coordination of Forest Reserve Investment and Allocation, Bulk Purchase Program, Fiscal Issue Research, Inservice Training
- Fiscal Oversight and Solvency Monitoring, Budget Monitoring, Contracted Services for Enhanced Technical Assistance
- Financial Reporting, Attendance Reporting, Consortiums for Audits, Legal, and Mandated Costs, Financial System Maintenance and Program Support, Technical Assistance for Departments and Districts